Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ironic Advent Meditation #22: No Room at America's Best Value Inn

Ironic Advent Meditation #22: No Room at America's Best Value Inn

Oh man, I really could write a good piece on the topic of Advent Journey if I had the time and energy. I don't. But here is an outline of amazing things so you will know what you are missing. Somewhat like my syllabus for Honors Senior Seminar one year which I think was titled: Honors Senior Seminar: Some Things.

1. I have journeyed all day on this the penultimate day of Advent (unless Christmas Eve is the penultimate, and I realize I may be assuming too much by using that word on Facebook) to find myself in Little Rock, Arkansas at America's Best Value Inn and Suites.

LET THIS BE A LESSON TO ME. I WROTE WHAT ENDED UP BEING A PRETTY GOOD MEDITATION HERE (MODESTY BE DINGED), FUNNY AND SAD AND IRONICALLY HOPEFUL BUT I DELETED IT ACCIDENTALLY OF COURSE AT 2 A.M. WITHOUT SAVING IT. NOW, OBVIOUSLY, I'M SIMPLY TOO TIRED TO RECREATE IT. SAD BUT PROBABLY A GOOD ADVENT LESSON; I'LL LET YOU KNOW IF I DISCOVER WHAT THAT LESSON IS.

No comments:

Post a Comment